Mur's World!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wow! My first blog

Alright, I never thought I'd get into this blogging thing, but due to events mostly out of my control, here I am! A blogger! Who knows where it will lead? Fame... Fortune... A free cup of coffee?

Wait, I don't really drink coffee.

Oh well.

Anyway, I intend to try to keep this updated frequently. For those who know me - Hi! It's great to see you! Haven't chatted in ages - how're you doing? How're the kids - do you have any yet?

For those who don't know me, I'm Mur! It's a rather odd nickname given by an old (as in a year older than me) friend in high school. Most folks don't call me that, but it's been my online name since I can remember, so I'm sticking to it.

I'm currently working for a Linux-based software development company, which offers an open source product to help system administrators make their life easier. I travel (yay!), usually without my family (boo!) to far-off places such as Toronto, ON and Syracuse, NY. Maybe someday I'll even see exotic Charlotte, NC!

In my spare time, I do a variety of things. I read. I play with my 4 year old daughter. I write notes with ideas for the great american sci-fi novel that I promptly misplace for years on end (though the ideas continue to circulate in my brain. Somehow, they never sound as good once they make it to paper). Mostly, I haunt Disney-fan newsgroups and bulletin boards to keep up on the current rumors and news for Walt Disney World - my favorite place on earth! (well, next to my awsome house, I suppose).

Okay, I'll admit - I'm *nearly* Disney-obsessed. My husband would certainly say I am, but really, I only think about it once every 15-30 seconds or so (which is better than what everyone knows men think about with even more frequency). Right now I'm planning a multi-family, multi-generational trip that should be very fun! And half of the fun is in the anticipatory planning - things so exciting as, where will we eat? What rides do we want to ride? Where will we stay? And the ever-popular, What time is the 3:00 parade? (which really does depend on where you're sitting on the parade route - it could be as late as 3:30!)

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the blog. I'll try to keep it entertaining. Maybe if I can keep this up, I'll be able to hone my writing skills so those sci fi book ideas don't fall quite so flat once they're out of my head and down on paper. Probably not, though - I think I probably tend to ramble too much to write any sort of novel. Who knows, though. You might some day see the following book in Border's:

The Extra Ultimate Idiot Nit-Picker's Guide to Walt Disney World on a Dime for Dummies
by Mur!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home